Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Laugh it off.

Going to dinner with my grandpa always reminds me that life is here for us to enjoy. Over sushi and hot tea and mochi, we laugh and everything becomes a great story.

Why are you upset? There is nothing to be upset about. The sky is blue and everything around us is green. I just bought you ice cream. It's not worth being upset about.

The past few days have been a stretch of the arms. The eight-mile bike ride along the river, the greenbelt, the stops in the grass. I put my feet in the river. And then sitting at Sun Ray Cafe with delicious breadsticks and great company.

And yesterday, I started my day sitting outside the Flying M with Jared and his new puppy and my fat dog, Casey. Early morning vanilla lattes that taste so good. We talked and I love how well Jared knows me. So little I have to explain to him.

Then I walked down to Dawson Taylor, another seat outside, and my life is starting to feel like an Ernest Hemingway novel. I sat in my spot in the sun and talked to a different Jared in Phoenix, approximately 930 miles away. We talked on the phone.

Tess came to my table and we sat and talked for awhile before going to Lux, the best clothing shop in Boise. I bought a lovely hat for seven dollars. We walked around a used book store. We hugged good bye.

Casey and I continued to walk around before meeting Craig for a lunch, another outside place setting.

I open my eyes and I realize everyone is smiling at me.

Brian was a filling and delicious capris. Now I am forced to look at the rest of the menu and I realize it has splendid vanilla lattes and even better passion fruit creme brulee.

So we eat raw fish fearlessly and nothing seems quite so serious as I recount my life.

So why are you sad? The sky is blue and everything around us is green. The music is great and the people are even better.

I hope now that I will stretch my arms through a roof folded down and in the back of the car. Flying along a seven-lane freeway with sun that stops at nothing to make you feel warm.

I'm allergic to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment