Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The healing process.

I am good to go. My ACL was cleared yesterday morning and I am good to go. Cleared for wake surfing. Not that that matters now. Surgery never felt so unnecessary. Reconstructive surgery.

When I listen to Little Dragon, it's back to my spring break and I am wandering around Northern Arizona University's campus with one head phone perpetually stuck in my ear. It feels all the same, but it isn't.

But it is a love/hate relationship here in Boise.

There's no one to know.

There's nothing to do.

This is where I live, but

I've never felt less at home.

Yet the sun comes out and it feels like summer and I can't help but love it a little bit. An eight-mile bike ride, two stops to lay down in the grass and look up, one to dip my feet into the freezing cold river. And then breadsticks and raspberry lemonade and a refreshing sip of dark beer at a restaurant where the waitresses wear jeans and everyone has tattoos. How North End.

Today, early morning coffee. I've never been in a situation where I held so much of other people's hopes. And I don't like being the one that has to break them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment